Lafontaine Area Shoreline Homeowners Association
Formed in 2015, LASHA is a non-profit association representing homeowners with beachfront and off-beach properties in the Lafontaine area of Georgian Bay.
The community is comprised of 185 beachfront and over 1,000 off-beach residences in the Lafontaine shoreline area between Trillium Lane and the 18th Concession and Cedar Point Road to the north. It was established in as a result of Tiny Township Council adopting a five year strategic plan that encourages community involvement and whereas this specific shoreline area did not have an organized association representing it.
LASHA was formed with a mission to promote a sense of community and to provide a clear voice on matters affecting our neighborhood and environs.
- Establishing a functional community watch program
- Co-ordinating community events and forums
- Promoting of member home based businesses
- Regularly communicating about what is happening in our community
- Carrying out periodic surveying to ensure that the opinion of every member is heard
- Providing a forum for input & discussion on the future development of our community
- When necessary, making representations on matters affecting the interests of LASHA members
- Ensuring our local politicians remember their election promises
- Being an active voice in how our tax dollars are spent
- Developing a transparent and inclusive membership development program
- Being proactive, not reactive